Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 21: Mapping Out Writing Time: Injecting Humor the Inkygirl Way

Well. The whole household has fallen to this evil virus, called the flu. Is it swine flu? No idea since our doctor's office won't test for it. Even if it was this fast-morphing contagion, there are no prescription meds for the flu to be found.

But, I will tell you it is nasty. And totally unfair. I have three sick kids home from school. Aaack! No recuperation time for me.

In the meantime, for your writing inspiration entertainment, I give you Moxie and Ed, the comic darlings of Inkygirl. Man, this is good stuff.

Because sometimes, you just need a smile or laugh to get through the hard stuff.

NaNoWriMo comic Day 2 - inspiration

If you want to keep up with Inkygirl's Moxie and Ed comics, click here to go over to her NaNoWriMo archive.

Write-a-Scene Writing Prompt: Unexpected things happen, and sometimes, it's not a good thing for your MC. Write a scene where you inject some levity into the situation. Use dialogue, action, a look, a misunderstanding.

Have fun and enjoy your writing day!

11 comments:

historymaven said...

So sorry to hear this, Vivian! I'm sending best wishes for a speedy recovery to everyone (and an extra round of R&R for *you* when this is all over).

beckylevine.wordpress.com said...

Oh, I hope everyone gets well really fast!

Solvang Sherrie said...

I love Inkygirl comics. She's so talented!

Hope your family recuperates quickly. And naps all at the same time :)

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Ohhhh. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery! And patience...

Kelly H-Y said...

Ugghhh ... I'm so sorry. Feel better soon!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Great cartoon! Horrible flu situation. I hope everyone recovers fast.

Patty P said...

Wow. A whole houseful of sick kids, huh? Not exactly writing nirvana. Hang in there!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Vivian--

Hope you and the rest of the family will be well soon--and that the flu bug doesn't head my way.

sheila said...

Uuuugh! Poor you! I don't know if we've already had it (albeit an easier version) or if it's still to come, but my best wishes go out to you for a speedy recovery.

Saints and Spinners said...

Hey you! I hope that all of our good wishes for recovery help strengthen the household of HWM.

Little Willow said...

That comic is hilarious! Thanks for the post/link.