It's been so long since I last posted, I fear I've lost my blogging touch. Thanks everyone, for your patience! Hopefully, this is just like riding a bike...
1. I'm making progress on my revisions and I'm excited with how everything is pulling together. I'm now a little more than half-way through what I hope to be the FINAL revisions of PB!
2. The kids will be in school in 13 more days!!! Not that I'm counting. We're all ready for school to start. The kids miss their friends and have pretty much had it with sisterhood. I'm tired of all the bickering. If I hear one more, "You're a pea-brain," or "I'm bored," or "We never do anything fun," I think my head will explode.
3. My sister posted some of her artwork on Etsy! She's an architect turned artist and will donate 10% of your purchase to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Check out WonderRoom!
4. My brother helped develop a new stress-relieving game, QuitIt! for the iPhone or iPod Touch. I don't have an iPhone, so I'd love for someone to tell me what they think of it!
5. It's been so hot and humid here in Massachusetts, I've been making refreshing homemade smoothies! We're soymilk drinkers in my house, but you can easily switch to milk. Also, you can freeze leftovers (if any) into ice pops.
Here are a couple of the kids' favorites:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie: Bag of frozen strawberries, two frozen bananas, ice cubes, soy milk, a pinch of sugar -- Blend -- Four Generous Servings
Blueberry Banana Smoothie: Three frozen bananas, 1/2 bag frozen blueberries, ice cubes, soy milk, pinch of sugar -- Blend -- Four Generous Servings
Here is my favorite:
Coffee Latte Smoothie: [Note: I've been up since 4 am and when I wrote this post, I didn't realize I messed up the measurements. This will taste much better...] 1 mug strong fresh brewed coffee, as cold as possible (remember the ice cubes will dilute the coffee, especially if the coffee is hot!), splash of soymilk, ice cubes, sugar to taste-- Blend -- Just for Me Serving - Relax and Enjoy!
Have a great weekend!