1. I've had a glorious Cape Cod vacation, despite family craziness and all. Seems it's somewhat difficult to get three independent girls to agree on what to do when away from all their friends and things. One wants to bike, the other wants to go to the beach, another wants to hang out and shop, etc., etc., etc. Thankfully, we developed quite a nice routine and a good time was had by all.
2. Limited Internet: Dear Internet, as much as I love you, it's been nice to not have to bow down to your every whim and become captive to virtual time suck. Amazing how much more time I found to write, spend time with the family, read, and simply relax. I vow to take more vacations from you in the future. We'll both be the better for it. Truly.
3. I CAPTURE THE CASTLE by Dodie Smith Simply, simply wonderful. If you want to study voice, read this book. For Disney fans, Dodie Smith wrote The One Hundred and One Dalmatians.
4. Spy Girl is on her third book this summer! My reluctant reader is really into Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson books - she is now on The Titan's Curse.
5. My incredible critique group likes my changes to PB, and this makes me so happy! I'm starting to realize all my hard work is coming together and it is very empowering. Yay for great critique groups!
How was your week?