Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Awards! Joy! Honor!

I'm a little behind the eight ball on this, but figured this would be a great day to post about a couple of honors I've been awarded.

First, Beth Revis awarded me The Butterfly Award earlier this month.  This award is supposed to be given to "the coolest blog I've ever known."  

Then, MotherReader and Becky Levine awarded me the Premios Dardo Award, which “acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.”  

I am so honored by these awards - Beth, MotherReader and Becky - Thank You!  I'm grateful you think highly of my blog and it really makes me quite giddy to be in the company of such well-respected bloggers.  Now, I need to be sure to live up to these standards...

Though the challenge, for the moment, is to decide who to nominate for the awards.  It's a difficult task, as there are so many fine blogs and incredible bloggers out there who deserve these awards.  

I know these awards have been going around and have tried to choose blogs who haven't received the award yet.  

May I present...
Saints and Spinners: For your kindness, generosity and fun storytelling.

Greenridge Chronicles: Because every time I visit your blog, you make me smile or laugh.

FoodAllergyBuzz: For your up-to-date information on food allergies.

A Wrung Sponge: For your lovely photos and haiku.

Little Willow: For your incredible lists of books.

readergirlz: For your support of reading and vast outreach to teens.

Beth Kephart: For the grace and poetry of your words.

PJ Hoover: For sharing your story and positive attitude.

Finding Wonderland: For your smart posts and up-to-date information on the publishing industry.

Robin Brande: For cracking the whip and getting us to write until we finish and send out that manuscript.

You all rock.   


PJ Hoover said...

Aw, thanks, Vivian! Thank you for listening!

Little Willow said...

Danke schön! :)

Saints and Spinners said...

Thanks so much, Vivian! I do appreciate it.

beckylevine said...

Well-respected...Wow! :) That's one I didn't expect to hear--thanks. And I love your blog.

sheila said...

Oh my, thanks, Vivian! How SWEET of you! I'm glad I make someone laugh.

I just came in from seeing Slumdog Millionaire and all I want to do is do a dance for you as my thanks, waggling my head and waving my sari, preferably with that cute little Dev Patel as my partner. It's a truly irresistible film.

a. fortis said...

Wow, thanks! TadMack and I are really honored!! And we're in such excellent company.

Congrats on your awards!

Beth Kephart said...

What a beautiful thing, to be honored by you. As if you had not already bestowed enough gifts.

Thank you, Vivian....

Cloudscome said...

Thank you so much Vivian!! This really cheered my day!

Robin Brande said...

Thank you, HWM! You're pretty great at kicking our a**es yourself.

Jennifer B said...

Wow! Thank you so much! It's so nice to hear good things. I enjoy your blogs as well. I somehow always leave them feeling more inspired than when I first arrived!

Sara Latta said...

Congratulations! You've inspired me (well, and another friend) to be better about blogging! Oh, and I noticed (only about a month late, LOL), that you 16'd me. Now I have to start thinking about 16 things about me. Hmmm...