Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Monday, January 26, 2009

2009 New Year 30 Day Challenge Check In: Week 3

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal.  It is the courage to continue that counts."
-Winston Churchill

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."

"Be miserable.  Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer

It's time to be accountable for your progress on the 2009 New Year 30 Day Challenge!  How did you do last week?

I'll be the first to admit I didn't get as much done as I hoped.  The week was brutal with family stuff and a glitch with one of my chapters -- distractions from working on a few filing projects. But, I did clean out bathroom cabinets so nothing will fall out if I open them.  It may not sound much to you, but it's huge in my household.  And I will tackle the files today! 

How did you do?


beckylevine said...

I did okay, I think. I got the next sections of my critique book organized, so I can just dig in and write this week, and it should come pretty fast. I gave myself an hour one morning to do the first section/worksheet in the Maass' workbook, on my WIP, and it was WONDERFUL. More hours here and there is my plan for that. Then I spent a couple of days reading a dense research book & starting another--also for the WIP. So, no actual writing on the fiction, but I definitely kept attached to it.

Hope your week is easier--although congrats on the bathroom cupboards. That would be huge here,too!

Kim Baccellia said...

I still was disciplined about not asking for more than I can do though I did tell one author I'd review her book for another site. Does that count?

I also didn't get in as much writing as I planned. I got my content edits for CO on Wednesday so I need to work on that too.

I did work out 4xs, which was good.

Now I need to work on being more disciplined on watching temper with son's school. After last week, when teacher told me I was in charge of son's AR books and another matter, I kind of didn't hold back how I felt.

Hope this week will be a tad bit better though the district has a teacher prep day today meaning son is home all day and I have to write earlier in day.

Cinde said...

I have some catching up to do! I'm only at 15,679 words.

Vivian said...

Sounds like you've made good progress--planning and researching will make writing much easier! And fun! Good luck this week!

I know the mother tiger instinct so well. You are a great mom. And good luck with your writing and working out! I know your writing is going to go great!

Keep writing! One after another and you will find yourself getting closer! You can do it!

Matthew Welsh said...

Wow, that Wayne Dyer kind of hit me the gut. It kind of reminds to start taking action where I need to take more action.

Vivian said...

Thanks for stopping by. The Wayne Dyer quote is something else, isn't it?

PJ Hoover said...

I feel like I'm getting my arms around my clutter.
I went through the hall closet and cleaned it, got baby clothes together to mail to my sister, got rid of three DVD players and one VCR. Whew.
It's getting there.
And I installed a new ice maker :)

holly cupala said...

a bit behind - but i'm very proud of myself for how far i have come! still plugging away!

Vivian said...

I'm impressed about the ice maker! And yay for getting rid of clutter! Here's to a new week!

Keep on writing! I know you're going to do great!

Jen Robinson said...

I did ok, thought not quite as well as I would have liked. I took inauguration day off from riding the exercise bike, because I was glued to the tv early, and then had to get ready for a short-notice (though very welcome) visitor. And then I had one day that I just couldn't slog past about 30 minutes on the bike (goal is 45, though when I can I get to 60). So ... hopefully this week will be better. But can I just add that there's a high correlation between my being able to bike for a longer time and the availability of the next 24 DVD from NetFlix? Whatever works, I say.

Vivian said...

Here's to more 24! I need to spend more time exercising and this sounds like a good way to do it. Good luck with the biking this week!

Patty P said...

I did horrible! I've spent way too much of my free time re-designing my two blogs. Exercise went to the bottom of my priority list. Needless to say I'm not losing my holiday weight...but I'm happy and besides, those double chocolate chip cookies I made last night were KILLER!

Melissa said...

I discovered that the best way to fall off the wagon was to get sick... and to have it be really cold. Fortunately, this week, hopefully, that one of those will go away, and I can go back to being better about my eating...

Vivian said...

The new designs on your blog are beautiful! Especially your art blog! Your students are so lucky to have you!
And I'd chalk up all that work as exercise of the mind, wouldn't you say? Best of luck this week. Work off those cookies!

I'm with you on the sickness and cold. Can't wait for one or the other to go away. Feel better and healthy eating!

Karen S. said...

My desk is still clean!

MotherReader said...

Okay, not a great week for home organization. I had a different project on my plate and took the weekend to head to my mom's house.

That said, I did call the family upstairs from video game playing for the Weeding of the Mugs. We were able to move 15 - yes 15 - coffee mugs out of our cabinet.

Vivian said...

Yay for clean desks!

You made huge progress if you were able to get your family to help you. Sounds like a great idea...hmmm...

victoria thorne said...

Vivian, wonderful one, I am a dropout this time, methinks.

But your challenge still echoes in my brain, and keeps me thinking...and, someday, all the good words you have put out there will grow a little shoot within said brain and, surely, blossom.

You rock.

More, later.

Vivian said...

I'm sorry this wasn't the right time, and I KNOW you are going to make things happen. You're so sweet with your kind words.

Best of luck with your projects! I'll check in with you later.