Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Winter Blog Blast Tour Next Week!

Forgive me for my limited posts these past few weeks.  I've been preparing for the upcoming Winter Blog Blast Tour.  It has been hard work.  But I've had a lot of fun with it. 

For those of you who are curious about my interview process, here is a quick how-to:
1.  Choose author.  All of the authors I choose are because there is something about their books that resonate with me. 
2. Send e-mail to author or publicist to ask for permission to interview.
3. Read and re-read books, research any interviews already done by others, gather author and book information, check out author website and blog (if any).
4. Put together questions and send to author.
5.  Once the answers are received, review and see whether there needs to be any follow-up questions.
6.  Figure out how to present the author interview.  Write post.
7.  Let author and publicist know when the interview will be posted.

I'm pleased to let you know that I will have 4 authors here next week!  Plus, book giveaways! The official interview schedule will be posted tomorrow.  

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Christine M said...

Sounds great, Vivian, I can't wait to read the interviews.

Nowheymama said...

That's a lot of work--good for you! I'm looking forward to it.

MotherReader said...

Oh dear, I think I may have underprepared. I feel like such a lightweight.

taralazar said...

Looking forward to reading the interviews! How about giving us hints as to who the mystery writers will be?

Solvang Sherrie said...

Sounds cool -- I'm looking forward to reading the interviews!