Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Saturday, November 1, 2008

National Novel Writing Month Starts Today

The National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) starts today.

Write a novel in 30 days. Interested? Go here to sign up.

The challenge: Write a 50,000 word (175 page) novel in a month.  From scratch.
What this means: Write 1,667 words every day.  No revising.  Just create a new piece of work and write 50,000 words.

I'm not going to participate in the challenge this year, since I'm working on revisions.  But I do plan on following along, to see whether I can finish Version #3.  What about you?


jonathan said...

I've signed up. Just managed to get past the target for day 1 - 1700 words so far.

Vivian said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Best of luck.

beckylevine said...

Not me this year--the NF project is taking priority. I stated out loud to a writing friend, though, that I want to do it next year, and I already know the project! Scary to think about scheduling something for a year away!

Anna Lefler said...

Whew! Those are some hefty numbers. I actually clocked in toady at my all-time one-day high of 1,200 words. I'm not working on the novel at the moment, though, but a short story that's captured my attention. So that would be... "NaShoStoWriMo", yes? OK, I'm SO counting that as 5 words.

;^) Anna

Barrie said...

I always think NaNo sounds great. BUT I'm never in the right place to join in. Like, I'm in revisions or I know the month will be too busy to commit to roughly 1700 words a day. But I do like the concept...