Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Friday, November 7, 2008

Five on a Friday

1.  Life has a habit of getting in the way. Especially when I want to do something. I've shaken off my sullen mood and am back on track since I've written one particular action scene in PB. I'm midway into revisions and conflict has never looked better.

2. Hope. Hope. Hope. Need I say more?

3. My best friend from college who always listens.

4. I've been working on a few interviews with some wonderful authors for the upcoming WBBT and have been wowed with the generosity of their answers. Wait until you read what these talented writers have to say.

5. MotherReader's Comment Challenge: to help build our sense of community.  

Have a great weekend!


beckylevine said...

I got to write a VERY short fight scene yesterday. You can barely call it a fight scene; my hero so totally rocked. Amazing what that'll do for your mood.


holly cupala said...

Hello, Vivian - I came by to share some blog love. Hope is what gets us through the hard scenes! Here's to writing and more.

MotherReader said...

So glad to be part of your Friday five that I'm commenting - #10 today!

On commenting, writing tough scenes, and of course Obama - YES WE DID!

PJ Hoover said...

You got a new picture!
And yes, Hope!
Life does get in the way, but I'm trying to make sure when it's my kids, I let it. And let's shove the sullen mood where the sun don't shine!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

HWM: I'm looking forward to those interviews!

I had a really good voice lesson today. My voice teacher said I've come a long way from our first meeting. I'll admit I wasn't sure how much I would improve, but it's really cool to feel and hear how things are changing... for the better.

Beth Kephart said...

I cannot wait for all your interviews, my dear. I know what good questions you ask! Ane how prepared you are as an interviewer!

Victoria Thorne said...

Vivian, you are a beacon of hope. Absolutely love your work...and seeing your sweet visage in the profile pic!

many thanks for all the good karma...vik

Solvang Sherrie said...

I'm all about the hope. I have to believe in the power of hope.

Thanks for the link to MotherReader's challenge -- like I needed another one this November! This is actually my fifth post today. Now back to NaNo :)