- I won a fantastic t-shirt from Cynthia Leitich Smith's Tenth Anniversary Giveaway! Angela from Pickled Pixel Toe sent me the cutest t-shirt (see the side photo from her site). It is made of awesome.
- Fresh bread baking in the oven. I make awesome bread and focaccia. My children's neighborhood friends swarm to my door when they smell the bread. I even put whole wheat in it. And the kids still eat it. It's that good. Not that I'm bragging...
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules by Jeff Kinney. My reluctant reader just finished these two books and is upset the next book isn't out until January 2009. Jeff Kinney, write more of these books! You're making my child want to read! (Edited to Add: If you want to read Day 1 of the first book, go over here.)
- I remembered to call my oil company to top off the oil tank while the prices were low ($3.6990 a gallon#@$@%!!!) instead of getting gouged later on.
- My children's smiles. Oh, they make me melt.
THANK YOU, Cynthia and Angela!!!
The t-shirt is soft and loose-fitting. Perfect for revisions ...because we all know comfort is key to good writing. Plus, I told everyone in the family to leave me alone when I wear this shirt. Think that'll work?
Enjoy your weekend!!