- The weather here has been fantastic most of this week. We've been outside most of the time, storing up on sun and warmth as the crisp fall nights are upon us. But it has been a good week, tough at times, but positive. And for that, I am grateful.
- 1,000 words a day has never looked so good. I've made progress on PB and worked on revisions for TSOF. I've set a deadline of October 30th to be done with PB. I want this done before the holidays, because I've got another story begging to be told.
- Can you say chocolate cake? I surprised my family with two desserts this week. I used to love to bake. Cheesecakes, decadent cookies, rich cakes...you name it, I baked it. But once my middle child was diagnosed with her food allergies, the baking went on the back burner. I figured it was time to bring some fun into our dessert options, especially, since I've introduced whole wheat pasta and other healthy food items into our daily menu. I made this amazing vegan chocolate cake, jam thumbprint cookies, and an apple crisp--the kids were thrilled. You don't miss the eggs and butter! I didn't think of taking pictures of these sweet morsels, but I will next week. Youngest has a birthday very soon!
- My house looks like a hurricane blew threw it. Boxes, clothes, shoes, papers are strewn everywhere right now since I'm in the midst of a major decluttering project. Project Declutter. Of my whole house. So far, I've managed to clean out a hall closet, give away bags and bags of toys and clothes to a couple of charities that picked up the items this week, and create a huge mess in each room. I shall remain positive about this and hope I get some semblance of order by next week. When we have little one's birthday party. Gulp.
- I've been visiting my children's classes during the week and it's been so awesome to hear my children's friends calling out to me, waving and running up to hug me. Even fourth grader's friends.
Enjoy your weekend!