- My family and I went on vacation in Cape Cod. There's nothing like the incredible views, salt air, and relaxation by the water.
- We went into Boston on Thursday for my middle daughter's appointment with her allergist. She needed some dreaded bloodwork for her food allergies and immunology readings. When it was her turn in the lab, I let her sit on my lap while she had her blood drawn. My heart pounded when I felt her slump in my arms. There is nothing so freaking frightening as when the words, "CODE BLUE" are shouted out because of your child. We spent almost four hours in a triage room while the fine doctors monitored my daughter's heart and lungs. The good news is the emergency response over at the Boston Children's Hospital is beyond superb and most importantly, my daughter is fine--turns out she hyperventilated and fainted. She was admitted into the ER since she was shaking, so they wanted to check if she had a seizure...which she didn't. I think about 30 new grey hairs popped out since then...
- Said daughter rode her bike and ran on the beach the next day because she had to prove to me she was okay. I sweated it out and kept my mouth shut.
- Eldest daughter created a salad she dubbed her "famous salad." Baby spinach, strawberries and a sweet vinaigrette. She mentioned she'd like to add feta cheese on it next time. Delicious!
- My critique group assigned a one sentence plot premise for our manuscripts. How can one sentence be such hard work? But, I've come up with a couple, that I've just submitted to my group. Cross fingers and toes!
Hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend! Enjoy the week!