Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

In Which I Finally Did It...

I mailed out a check yesterday for my first writing retreat.  Since the weekend was booked, I applied for one of the day programs.  Hope there are still openings!

It's funny.  As much as I've been writing, the act of signing up for the writing program made me feel like a writer with serious intentions.  And that makes me very happy.  

5 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome. I'm always excited when I sign up for something. May the universe step out to meet you...

PJ Hoover said...

You are a writer! I hope you get in!

Christine M said...

Good for you! Way to go!

Patty Palmer said...

OMG! You're going to have such an amazing time. I've been to three writing retreats (two in Santa Barbara area and one in Big Sur). All three have made my novels better. Getting the time to write (distraction free time, that is) is worth every penny.
Have fun!

Laini Taylor said...

I've never done a writer's retreat! It sounds wonderful -- I imagine these idyllic cabins, a lake, and smart people sitting here and there with notebooks and laptops. Oh, and there would be wine and a fireplace at night. Sigh.