Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Thursday, December 20, 2007

Writing Tip: Take Care with Your Revisions

Like stones, words are laborious and unforgiving, and the fitting of them together, like the fitting of stones, demands great patience and strength of purpose and particular skill.
-Edmund Morrison


Christine M said...

A very timely tip. Thank you.

PJ Hoover said...

I've heard making a stone wall is a real art. And if you do it wrong, the whole thing will come toppling over.
Revisions are amazing. I love when I feel motivated to work on them!

Erin said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know I've awarded you the 'Roar for Powerful Words Award'! Merry Christmas!

Candace E. Salima said...

Oh, I like that!

HipWriterMama said...

This tip is timely isn't it? Good luck on your revisions.

I love stone walls. And you're right, the stones have to be carefully placed, otherwise the whole thing will fall down. Some of the most amazing stone walls are still up a hundred years later, and there is not a speck of mortar or cement or anything holding the stones together.

Wow! I'm honored. Thank you!

Glad you like this quote.

Chris said...

Succinct and to the point.