Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oh Yeah, Hear Me Roar!

I am so honored. Miss Erin nominated me for the "Roar for Powerful Words Award" from The Shameless Lions Writing Circle. And I'm in great company. She also nominated Little Willow, Sara Lewis Holmes, Shelf Elf and Sara Miller.

The fact this award comes from Miss Erin is icing on the cake. She's a dedicated kidslit blogger, a postergirlz for readergirlz and on the MG Fiction nominating panel for the Cybils. Thank you, Miss Erin.

Hmmm. Now who should I nominate? I'm supposed to celebrate the powerful writing of five bloggers.

Liz Garton Scanlon: Liz writes pure poetry in her posts. Liz is one of my first blog pals, and I simply adore her writing. And the fact she's gathered a group of wonderful bloggers to write a crown sonnet, which I cannot wait to read, well this is totally deserved.

Robin Brande: There's power in Robin's words. She is encouraging, inspiring, and funny. And the fact people were "betting" on when Robin would return to blogging, well that tells you just how much we're all addicted to her words.

Seven Impossible Things for Breakfast: Jules and Eisha of 7-Imp simply rawk. Detailed book reviews, unbeatable interviews, organizing Blogging for a Cure for Robert's Snow, writing articles for Poetry Foundation...need I go on?

Finding Wonderland: These smart ladies can write a thoughtful post that makes my brain hurt (in a good way).

MotherReader: I can't drink a thing when I read MotherReader's posts for fear I'd drown my laptop. That's how funny her posts can be. And when you can make people laugh with the written word, that's magic.

Congratulations, everyone!


MotherReader said...

Oh, thank you. You don't know how much that means right now when comments have been light and I've been feeling pulled in all directions by the holiday season. I'm honored to be on your list and right back at ya.

Erin said...

You are so welcome!

Robin Brande said...

Thanks for including me, HWM! Hope you're enjoying some time off for the holidays. Thanks for all your thought-provoking posts this year. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say in 2008!

Liz in Ink said...

Well, first off. I am waaaaay overdue on this comment but I took an unannounced blog break -- reading and writing -- and I'm just now catching up. So. I'm sorry, but I'm now present and accounted for and here's what I'd like to say:

1. CONGRATULATIONS. You soooooo deserve this tip of the hat. You blow me away with your open passion and determined focus and articulate verve. Blow me away.
2. Thank you! I'm so touched that you've nodded at me. Really. Especially since I just feel like an overgrown Christmas cookie -- having just gotten off the airplane and all. You've put me back in the mood, Vivian. What a way to kick off the new year. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you....

SevenImpossible said...

Congratulations . . . and aw shucks! Thanks!

Jules, 7-Imp

SevenImpossible said...

VIVIAN, I am SO embarrassed. I just realized this was posted on Dec. 22. I had stumbled across the post's URL itself (as opposed to seeing it when reading your blog one day), and I just assumed it was recent. Can I just say that I am perpetually behind on blog-reading and this is why? I bet I looked like the biggest's ingrate. We really appreciate the nod. I'm sorry that it took me forever. Cringe.

Jules, 7-Imp