Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Monday, December 3, 2007

Inspiration Monday: Our Deepest Fear

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves,
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?

And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.


Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Whenever I read something like this, I think, "I really wish I believed this." Because, I've got to tell you, while being inadequate isn't my deepest fear, it's right up there in the top 3.

Thank you for continuing to encourage all of us, HWM, even if some of us (i.e. me) are curmudgeonly.

MotherReader said...

I needed some boosting this week, so thanks for this poem. I'm printing it off and taping it to the from of my notebook - the one that's holding my Christmas lists/Girl Scout plans/books to read/etc.