Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Sunday, December 30, 2007

Get Ready for the 2008 New Year's 30 Day Challenge!

I have a love/hate relationship with New Year's. And I've come to realize this conflicting attitude taunts me more every year I get older. When I was younger, New Year's was more about festivity, and with that, a positive outlook on what could be. It was so easy to set goals, no matter how high, and dream. Oh, yeah baby. I could do anything. Because I had time, youth and dreams on my side.

But somehow down the line, I just became more cynical, or perhaps wise in my ways. Or maybe it's dealing with the day-to-day realities of having a mortgage, a family, and the astronomical costs of health care. Or maybe it's the double whammy of having to set New Year's goals and then having a birthday a couple weeks after, when I wonder, what have I accomplished in my life?

So, I'm going to start 2008 with a bang this year. And the best way I figure is to begin a 30 Day Challenge. I know quite a few of you haven't been blogging as much lately with the holidays and all, so I'll give you a few days warning on this one.

The 2008 New Year's 30 Day Challenge starts Wednesday, January 2, 2008 and ends on Thursday, January 31. 2008. Details and grand prize to be announced later.

So start thinking about your 30 Day Challenge, my little wonders. You've got three days to plan your attack. We're gonna take 2008 by storm!


Franki said...

Can't wait t hear the details!

Robin Brande said...

Always good to jump start the new year, HWM. Go for it!

Little Willow said...


Not sure if I'll be in.

HipWriterMama said...

I hope to have the details up tomorrow. Good luck with the Boot Camp. It sounds awesome!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Little Willow,
Thank you! It isn't a total no, so maybe? Hee, hee.

PJ Hoover said...

Count me in on the challenge. Maybe I'll go with the drink water one again.

2 days and counting!

HipWriterMama said...

Good for you! Here's to the challenge.

Brian Mandabach said...

I think I'm already resolved to get off nicotine gum, be a better father, husband, teacher, and writer, and to finish the major surgery I have to do on my next book. Also to stop staying up til all hours on the computer surfing myspace and kid lit blogs. If I stay up late I should be reading. But I'm still optimistic, so maybe I'll be in! :D

HipWriterMama said...

Optimism is good! I hope you join in!