Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Isn't this little sock monkey the cutest? I made her special--just for this contest. Yes. I made this Writer's Muse Sock Monkey Fairy all by myself. Handstitched and everything. A total, total labor of love. Of course my children have discovered her, and have been trying to figure out how to sneak her past heavily guarded doors...so you must save her....
A few disclosures about my sock monkey--
1. She is handsewn so there will be a few uneven stitches here and there. But she's so pretty...
2. There are buttons and other little ornamental items sewn on. Do not give to a baby or child to play with...Writer's Muse Sock Monkey Fairy is not a toy.
3. She will have a wand very soon so she can give you gentle reminders to keep working and inspire you to weave your own spell with words...
Lisa Yee, had mentioned here and here, of how sock monkeys can help ease writer's block. And since we had the WBBT going on last week and featured just some of the incredible authors out there, and Lisa Yee loves contests, and I've had some wonderful authors who graciously allowed me to interrogate them with tons of questions, and I have some more authors patiently waiting for me to put their questions together for some new interviews................it only seemed fitting to hold a contest in honor of all the authors out there who have created incredible characters we have fallen in love with--whether we loved to hate the characters, we have wanted to be like them or whether we have fallen in love with the characters. Phew...I know, this was quite a mouthful of a long sentence.
Here are the rules for the Shout Out for All the Wonderful Authors Out There Contest:
1. Think of an author's name (living, dead), and create a character name from their name and cool personality of the character. Or if you want, create a whole new world, a city, a cool hang out place, etc. Use your imagination.
2. Leave a comment here about your new creation. And you are free to do what you wish with your new character, place, etc. after this...hopefully you will be inspired to create a new manuscript or add to a current one!
3. The deadline for the contest will be Sunday, November 18th at 11:00pm, EST.
4. I will pick a winner from the entries. The winning prize is this Writer's Muse Sock Monkey Fairy designed by moi. Look into her pretty shell eyes.........You know you want her. Save her from some children who are conspiring to kidnap her and she will be ever grateful and will bestow good writing juju to you. And all you have to do is be a little creative to honor an author.