Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Time's Up: 48 Hour Book Challenge Final Countdown

Time's up. Here's the quick low down on my reading endeavors for Mother Reader's 48 Hour Book Challenge.

Book #1: Cures for Heartbreak by Margo Rabb
Total pages read: 238
Read in 3 hours
30 minute review
Total time: 3 1/2 hours

Book #2: Beige by Cecil Castellucci
Total pages read: 98
Total pages in book: 307
269 pages left...
Edited to add: Total time: 45 minutes

Total pages read for 48 Hour Book Challenge: 336
Total number of books read in challenge: 1 1/4
Edited to add: Total time spent in challenge: 4 1/2 hours

Enough said. Sigh.

6 comments:

Robin Brande said...

What's to sigh about? You finished the challenge, you didn't drop out like some of us (ahem), and you spent some enjoyable hours reading. Nothing to complain about there.

You're a full book ahead of me for the weekend. Good work.

MyUtopia said...

Woohoo! I read only 160 pages for East of Eden this weekend.

cloudscome said...

The important thing is how you felt while you were reading what you did. I got tired of sitting still so long and concentrating on reading, which was refreshing in itself since I rarely get to feel that these days. Usually running after little people, right? It's nice to see I can find a couple of hours to sit still and just read now and then. And not blogs or surfing - reading a book in a porch swing YAY!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

If it makes you feel any better, you finished 1/2 a book more than I did. Someday we'll have so much time to read and we'll wonder where our babies went.

Bill: Cinéaste said...

Well, as the designated stats-gatherer today (MR's busy booktalking), I have to ask: Any idea about how much time you were able to spend reading?

Bill: Cinéaste said...

(Sorry if I was unclear -- you spent 3 hours, 30 minutes plus whatever you spent on Beige, so it's that total I'm looking for. Thanks!)