Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Summer Goals Meme

I've been tagged again. This time, the tagger was NYC Teacher for a Summer Goals Meme. The rules for this meme were created by Jen Barney over at A Teacher's Life: Write out 10-15 professional and or personal goals that you would like to achieve over the summer.

Since I'm already trying to figure out what I need to get done in the 2 weeks before my children are all done with school, this should be easy enough to add to my planning schedule. Right? At least, easier than yesterday's darn writer's block?

And this should definitely be alot less stressful than finding out yesterday as I turned on my old laptop that it won't boot up and I have hundreds of pictures of the kids I never backed up and so many files I never backed up and so many other things that I'm sure I haven't even thought of that I haven't backed up. Certainly there has a way to be able to retrieve this information before I'm doomed to guilt, panic and remorse? Sigh.

So here goes:

1. Back up everything on a regular basis on my laptop.
2. Find a way to retrieve information from old laptop.
3. Work with 8 year old on summer books and math refreshers.
4. Work with 6 year old on reading and math skills.
5. Get ALL the clutter out of my house.
6. Clean out basement and fix up to create a playroom/work area.
7. At least 2 trips to New Hampshire to visit my sister.
8. Some Cape Cad vacation time.
9. Finish my current WIP.
10. Work on rewrites.
11. Send out 3 manuscripts by the end of this summer.
12. Prepare early for school supplies and school clothes just this one time.

I need to continue my search to find a computer genius to help me, so if you want to participate in this meme, let me know in the comments so I can read your meme later.

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

You should be able to get the old information off the hard drive. I think you can buy some programs yourself (or possibly even download for free from somewhere), or you can take it somewhere and they will charge you for the info.
If I lived closer, I'd help!
Just think about the nerdiest person you know, and ask them for help. Or walk into Best Buy and bat your eyelashes?

Count me in the the meme. Goals are good. You have some great ones!

HipWriterMama said...

Tricia,
You're giving me hope with this response! So even if my laptop doesn't boot up entirely...I can just hear the little Windows tune that starts the booting process...then nothing. A total black screen. So it's still possible to get this info?

I assume I have to take the hard drive out, but don't even know how to do that. Sigh. I should have paid attention in my computer science classes.

Thank you! I'll see see how this goes.

PJ Hoover said...

Yes, you should be able to get it. I've had my work hard drive crash at least three times and they've always gotten the info. Another friend has hers die and got her manuscript off as well.
I'll dig around later today about freeware programs to get the stuff off, but it probably would involve taking out the hard drive.

MyUtopia said...

"Back up everything on a regular basis on my laptop."

Very important!

cloudscome said...

I got tagged with this meme too. I put a lot of fun stuff in there, and mixed in a few serious goals.

Sorry I can't help you figure out the computer stuff. I agree you should ask a professional. It's worth whatever they charge.