Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Monday, June 4, 2007

Inspiration Monday: 30 Day Challenge Check In Time!

If you have built castles in the air,
your work need not be lost;
that is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.
--Henry David Thoreau

Okay, everyone. How did you do this past week with the 30 Day Challenge? Last Monday, when we all checked in, there were varying degrees of success with this new habit forming challenge. And it's exciting! You're making strides to improve something in your life on a permanent basis.

There's one thing I want to assure you. If you happen to miss a day or two, it's okay. Remember, you're just starting to develop this habit. Just join back in and focus on your end goal. Your dream. The short term goal you're working toward is Tuesday, June 19th. The last day check in day. The 30 Day mark. You're halfway there!

The long term goal is something you will benefit from for a long, long time. Something that will help you get to your dream. So keep at it. Pick up if you miss a day or two. Start back in. Remember, consistency is key to making this an automatic part of your life. You can totally do it!

Now here's how I did. I missed Saturday. We had too many things going on over the weekend and I slid. Would you believe I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered I forgot to do this? I stressed about it a tiny bit, not too much because next thing I knew it was morning. So I made up double time yesterday. I'm optimistic though as this is becoming more automatic for me. I'm no longer feeling dread on how I'm going to schedule my day to fit my new habit in. The bonus is my characters are more interesting; my plot tighter. At least I think so...

How did you do?

10 comments:

MyUtopia said...

What is the challenge on?

Erin said...

OK, there's going to be a new requirement in my challenge. See, I have this bad habit of doing my challenge-writing in bed, late at night...and of course some nights I'm simply too exhausted to do anything but shut my eyes and go to sleep. SO, from now on I'm going to work my writing in somewhere earlier in the day. :)

So..yeah. I missed 2 or 3 days. *sigh*

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Ho boy. I exercised this morning, took my fish oil, and did all the right things, and yet I am still grouchy as all get out. It was good to exercise, though. I am turning over a new leaf this week because last week was so spotty.

Shawn said...

I probably could have done better. Today is not off to the best start either. I'm still plowing forth to take a few weeks of freelancing off as of this Friday. My fingers and toes are crossed. I did accept something new last week, but only under the condition it be due this Friday. So far after that is clear ... but now that it grows closer I'm starting to worry that it's too clear. Still seeking the balance ...

HipWriterMama said...

My Utopia,
The 30 Day Challenge is to work on a habit you want to develop everyday for 30 days. My hopes are that this will help people get one step closer to their ultimate goal or challenge.

We're already starting the third week. While it's too late to sign up for the challenge for the chance of winning a great prize package, it's never too late to work on something that will help you attain your goals. So follow along.

- - - -

Erin,
I'm glad you paid attention to what would make it easier for you to work on your habits. Isn't it empowering to notice what you need and tweak your requirements for your own benefit? Hope your writing is going well.

- - - -

Alkelda,
I'm so glad you're exercising. You can curse me if you want. Think of the big picture. I hope this is a better week for you. Don't make me worry!

- - - -

Shawn,
I know. It's hard when you have little ones and work at home. I totally understand. But remember, the little ones, hubby and work will not be happy if Shawn isn't happy.

Even 5 minutes at a time to take a breather, have a nice spot of tea or whatever you like to drink will do. Just for you to recharge. Okay?

cloudscome said...

I did OK with my challenge this week. Didn't write every day, but worked on it most days. I am posting about it tonight.

:: Suzanne :: said...

It's becoming obvious that I would rather bake than write.

HipWriterMama said...

Cloudscome,
I just went over to read your post. Never mind the days you didn't write. The days you did, wow! I'm impressed!

- - - -

Suzanne,
I couldn't open your blog at all. I'll try again later to do so. Your statement has me rather intrigued.

NYC Teacher said...

I tagged you for a meme, http://mentortexts.blogspot.com/2007/06/summer-goals-meme.html.

:)

HipWriterMama said...

Thanks NYC Teacher. I'll go check it out.