Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, June 8, 2007

48 Hour Reading Has Finally Begun

I have officially started the 48 Hour Book Challenge as of 9pm this evening. Reading will continue until 9pm Sunday, June 10th. This should be quite interesting as we have quite a few family activities planned this weekend. Nevertheless, I will persevere.

Earlier today, I posted about the rules for Mother Reader's 48 Hour Book Challenge and my list of 5 books I set aside to read. Why I even think I can get through 5 books in 48 hours is beyond me. Especially with 3 kids, family activities and all. But a girl's gotta have a real challenge. And 5 books will certainly be a challenge.

Wouldn't you know, I already deviated from my original list. I figure that's my prerogative, right? So, Cures for Heartbreak by Margo Rabb is book #1. It's quiet and the children are finally asleep. I'm off to read more about Mia as she grieves for her mother. Better get some tissues just in case.

3 comments:

Robin Brande said...

Good luck, HWM! I've totally slacked off today--meant to start earlier--but I think my schedule is going to look like yours. Yay! Let's go read!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I totally need "cures for heartbreak." After you're done with your 48 hour book reading challenge, you may read my tale of woe!

HipWriterMama said...

Robin,
I don't know how people get all their reading done. I checked out some of the blogs this morning, instead of reading. One person read 5 books already!

- - - - -

Alkelda,
Oh sweetie. It will get better. I promise.