Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Friday, June 8, 2007

48 Hour Book Challenge Begins!

The 48 Hour Book Challenge Begins! So says Mother Reader, the cool birthday girl, who is celebrating with fun and style! Anyone can participate. And I'll tell you how. Here are the complete rules for this book extravaganza.

A quick synopsis: Read and review books on your blog that are at least 200 pages long. This needs to be done in a 48 hour period, starting today and ending Monday, June 11th at 7am. Your final summary should include the number of books read, total page count, the approximate hours you spent reading & reviewing, and anything else you want to share. Post by 12 noon on Monday, June 11th.

Hee hee. I just noticed the part in the rules where blog reading doesn't count.

This should be quite interesting. I'm really not sure how much reading I'll get done, as we have a day trip planned for tomorrow and a visit with relatives on Sundy. But that's fine, nighttime reading is what I do best. I'm still in. So here is my list of 5 books, which is a total stretch, but let's see how far I get.

1. Beige by Cecil Castellucci
2. Devilish by Maureen Johnson
3. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
4. Magyk (Book One of Septimus Heap) by Angie Sage
5. Tyrell by Coe Booth

I'll start reading later today. So gather your books, wish Mother Reader a Happy Birthday and let her know you're participating, then start! Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

OK, this is crazy. There's no way I could read more than one book in this time. Maybe another life ... but it might be fun to try. I also want to read Tyrell! I don't own that, yet, though.