Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Spring Garden Beauty and Some Wednesday Wanderings



Nothing like some beautiful artwork by one of my children to totally brighten up my day. This vibrant painting is by my middle child. I just love this precious gift she brought home from school. Now I have to find the perfect frame and a wonderful location to proudly display this special work of art. Hmmm.


Now for some cool places to go to around the blogosphere for some fun and enjoyment. So settle right in and stay awhile:


You absolutely must visit Mother Reader and read her post, Stop Dressing your Six Year Old like a Skank. Just make sure you don't have anything in your mouth.


Mother Reader also writes about her smart short 48 Hour Film and reminds everyone about her 48 Hour Reading Challenge with incredible prizes.


If you haven't done so yet, visit Chicken Spaghetti's Carnival of Children's Literature No. 14: The Fiesta Edition. It's a smorgasbord of tempting reads.


Liz Scanlon's post on Distance Learning just had me amused with some of the screen names.


Jen Robinson is one of the contributors to the new Dystopian Challenge Blog. Go check out her 2 mini reviews.


Zee Says offers up a funny tuba video. Who knew tubas could sound like this?


Forget The Book Thief. Okay, I'm really not serious about this one. The Book Thief is a must read. But you'll love Alkelda the Gleeful's funny account of her Cucumber Thief days.


Kelly shares these interesting sites. Wait until you read these passive-aggressive notes!


Robin Brande's observant post: You're Always On. Dare I say the comments on her posts just crack me up?


Suzanne is hosting the first Adoption Roundup. What a great idea!

7-Imp has a cool interview with David Elzey from the excelsior file. Be still my beating heart. David offered up the bestest quote evah: "Girls with brains." Now it's up to you to discover what question he answered.

Liz Scanlon was kind enough to offer up one of her favorite blogs. And I was left helpless with laughter when I read Jackie Mitchard's post on Fictional Men -- A How To Guide.


And on that note, a Big Happy Birthday! to my dear Husband, who thankfully does not fit into Jackie Mitchard's description of a Fictional Man.

11 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

Thanks for the link! And happy birthday to your husband. I hope that you both have a celebratory Memorial Day Weekend.

Kelly said...

What a GORGEOUS picture that is. Why bother looking for artwork?

The comments at Robin's today really are truly funny.

Happy Birthday to your man! (Don't let him read the comments over at Robin's, though!)

HipWriterMama said...

Jen,
You're welcome! I am constantly impressed with all that you do!

- - - -

Kelly,
Now that you say that, I'm thinking of commissioning my kids to do the artwork for the empty space above my fireplace mantle. I'm trying to figure out how to do this without the kids making a tortured competition out of this.

Oh thanks...just lead the tell tale cookie crumbs over to Robin's. Shhh!

:: Suzanne :: said...

Thank you so much for the link to the Adoption Round-up as well as to all the other interesting links you posted today.

HipWriterMama said...

Suzanne,
You're welcome.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I had a comment on here! At least, I thought I did. It must have scurried away.

jules said...

That is one beautiful piece of art work!

My three-year-old's art work is getting increasingly more complex. I love it! She can draw people now and flowers and trees -- with a bit more detail. You know, it finally doesn't look like scribbling any more. What a fun age!

HipWriterMama said...

Alkelda,
I just checked and I couldn't find a comment on my e-mail from this post. But if it makes you feel any better, you commented on another post. Thanks!

- - - - -

Jules,
Three is an awesome age. It just gets better every year. Enjoy it. It goes much, much too fast.

Callipygia said...

The painting is glorious and so happy! Also wish your hubby a happy one from me too.

eisha said...

I LOVE this painting! That red against the two shades of blue just makes me so happy. Thanks for sharing it!

HipWriterMama said...

Thanks Eisha and Callipygia!