Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Some Tag Trickery: The 4 New x 2 Meme

Nothing like getting it back, but good. You may remember the 8 Things About Me Meme. Christine M. tagged me. Then I tagged 8 bloggers. 7 cool bloggers willingly played along. Check out their interesting 8 things: Alkelda the Gleeful, Emily, Elaine, Suzanne, Zee, Jennifer and Daphne.

But there's always that one...you know who I'm talking about? The free spirit who has to redefine the rules and be a cowgirl/cowboy. The one who likes to create a bit of mischief. The one who...okay, you've got the picture. So I unknowingly tagged one creative blogger who decided to tweak the 8 Things Meme a bit, and came up with a whole new meme. Cool, right? Fun, right? Absolutely. Here's the kicker. She got me back. She turned around and tagged me! Ha! So...drumroll please...Cloudscome's new meme: 4 New x 2.

The rules: You have to share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years.

Okay, let's see. Here are the four things that were new to me in the past four years:

1. I went to 9 cm without an epidural. Emergency c-section--1st c-section ever. Hey, who said that each progressive delivery is supposed to be easier? Not for me. But...Despite my 3 emotionally painful miscarriages. Despite all the incredulous, difficult happenings through each of my 3 full-term pregnancies and deliveries. Despite the permanent changes to my body. Sigh. In the end, it was still all worth it. Because I have Amazing Baby #3, now 3 1/2 years, cradled in my protective arms.

2. My husband and I made an offer on the house we live in now without ever seeing the inside of it. I fell in love with the neighborhood. I embraced the house, fixer-up as it was and still is, for its potential. My husband thinks I lost it.

3. Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream. Ben and Jerry figured out how to combine two delicious flavors together into one sumptous taste of pure decadent heaven.

4. Blogging. Oh, how I am so glad my sister showed me the way. What would I do without blogging and all my blogger friends? Okay, I would probably accomplish a whole lot more in real life, but I need the constant contact with all of you. I love being able to talk children's books, without someone thinking I need my head examined. I love hearing, I mean reading, your thought provoking, funny, sad or sassy stories. See, you're all hanging out in my house, gabbing along with me. I love all of the bountiful energy out in the blogosphere world.

4 new things in the next 4 years:

1. Published MG and/or YA novel. Someone out there has gotta like my one of my manuscripts or current WIP. It will be published. It will be revered. It will be on bookshelves everywhere.

2. Organized and beautifully decorated house. A la Pottery Barn. Or Diane Keaton's fabulous beach house on the movie set of As Good As It Gets. I figure by then my house will be all fixed up and the children will be older and not jumping all over furniture. Right?

3. I hope my sister will move in with me. If you've read this past post, you know my amazing younger sister has a rare chronic illness called dermatomyositis. She is currently in need of daily care and is in a wheelchair. I've been trying to figure out what I can do, and my ideal would be to have my sister live with me. Although I'm not sure whether my sister is interested in living with 3 strong willed children, one who in this time will be in her pre-teen years. In any event, I'm trying to figure out how we can modify our house to accomodate my sister's needs so she can be comfortable and have her independence. Hopefully, in this timeframe all will be complete and my sister will be convinced to move in.

4. Learn Pilates. I'm counting on this much talked about exercise regimen to provide much needed boost and lift. Ya know what I mean? Sigh.

Alkelda the Gleeful
Christine M.
Miss Erin
you're it...Anyone else want to play? Love it. Suzanne wants in. Consider yourself tagged.

And in case you want to find out a little bit about some other cool bloggers, here are some interesting 8 Things Memes I've found along the way:
Mother Reader
Liz B.
A. Fortis
7-Imp: Part One and Part Two


:: Suzanne :: said...

someone really should tag me on this one - I'm so full of new it hurts.

HipWriterMama said...

And here I thought I was giving you a break. Consider yourself tagged Suzanne!

eisha said...

You made an offer on a house without seeing the inside??? Dude! That's... ballsy!

HipWriterMama said...

I knew the house needed work, so the inside of the house didn't really matter. The outside of the house is lovely, or will be with some paint and shutters. I fell in love with the neighborhood and felt a great sense of peace and privacy.

The houses have enough distance between each other so I'm not looking into someone's house. Now there are no worries of catching a glimpse of a neighbor hanging around in their underwear, if I happened to look out of my windows. Just kidding. Really.

Christine M said...

So, I'm tagged back, huh? Okay, I'm game. I'll play.

HipWriterMama said...

Christine M. - Hee, hee. Got you back. Can't wait to read your new post.

Shawn said...

Wow, my first tag! I'm honored. With twins only 16 months old, imagine the newness crawling all over this body. This should be fun. Thanks.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Okay, I'll play, but it may take a while. I've got a gig tonight for which I need to prepare, plus I'm the parent-helper today. No lounging around or heavy-duty digging today!

Becky said...

What a great new twist.

cloudscome said...

Cowgirl, huh? Well OK. You are doing a good job keeping up with me girl!

I love your new things, old and new. And now I have a lot of blog posts to read. How am I going to get any work done around here?

HipWriterMama said...

Go to it! Hope you're still keeping up with the me time.

- - -

Take your time. Good luck with the gig, have fun at Lucia's school.

- - -

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you like the new twist.

- - -

Cowgirl. And it's a very good person to be. Thanks for a cool twist to the meme.

Liz in Ink said...

Got it. Done it. Thanks :)

Callipygia said...

I can't believe you never had coffee heath bar crunch before! And thanks for thinking about me.

HipWriterMama said...

Wow! You did two memes! I LOVE the things you can do. All I can say is I hope one day our paths will cross...you are just too cool.

- - - -

You're welcome! And coffee heath bar cruch ice cream is my new favorite ice cream. Yum. I think I'm drooling now.

Erin said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll try and do it soon.