But there's always that one...you know who I'm talking about? The free spirit who has to redefine the rules and be a cowgirl/cowboy. The one who likes to create a bit of mischief. The one who...okay, you've got the picture. So I unknowingly tagged one creative blogger who decided to tweak the 8 Things Meme a bit, and came up with a whole new meme. Cool, right? Fun, right? Absolutely. Here's the kicker. She got me back. She turned around and tagged me! Ha! So...drumroll please...Cloudscome's new meme: 4 New x 2.
The rules: You have to share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years.
Okay, let's see. Here are the four things that were new to me in the past four years:
1. I went to 9 cm without an epidural. Emergency c-section--1st c-section ever. Hey, who said that each progressive delivery is supposed to be easier? Not for me. But...Despite my 3 emotionally painful miscarriages. Despite all the incredulous, difficult happenings through each of my 3 full-term pregnancies and deliveries. Despite the permanent changes to my body. Sigh. In the end, it was still all worth it. Because I have Amazing Baby #3, now 3 1/2 years, cradled in my protective arms.
2. My husband and I made an offer on the house we live in now without ever seeing the inside of it. I fell in love with the neighborhood. I embraced the house, fixer-up as it was and still is, for its potential. My husband thinks I lost it.
3. Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream. Ben and Jerry figured out how to combine two delicious flavors together into one sumptous taste of pure decadent heaven.
4. Blogging. Oh, how I am so glad my sister showed me the way. What would I do without blogging and all my blogger friends? Okay, I would probably accomplish a whole lot more in real life, but I need the constant contact with all of you. I love being able to talk children's books, without someone thinking I need my head examined. I love hearing, I mean reading, your thought provoking, funny, sad or sassy stories. See, you're all hanging out in my house, gabbing along with me. I love all of the bountiful energy out in the blogosphere world.
4 new things in the next 4 years:
1. Published MG and/or YA novel. Someone out there has gotta like my one of my manuscripts or current WIP. It will be published. It will be revered. It will be on bookshelves everywhere.
2. Organized and beautifully decorated house. A la Pottery Barn. Or Diane Keaton's fabulous beach house on the movie set of As Good As It Gets. I figure by then my house will be all fixed up and the children will be older and not jumping all over furniture. Right?
3. I hope my sister will move in with me. If you've read this past post, you know my amazing younger sister has a rare chronic illness called dermatomyositis. She is currently in need of daily care and is in a wheelchair. I've been trying to figure out what I can do, and my ideal would be to have my sister live with me. Although I'm not sure whether my sister is interested in living with 3 strong willed children, one who in this time will be in her pre-teen years. In any event, I'm trying to figure out how we can modify our house to accomodate my sister's needs so she can be comfortable and have her independence. Hopefully, in this timeframe all will be complete and my sister will be convinced to move in.
4. Learn Pilates. I'm counting on this much talked about exercise regimen to provide much needed boost and lift. Ya know what I mean? Sigh.
Alkelda the Gleeful
you're it...Anyone else want to play? Love it. Suzanne wants in. Consider yourself tagged.
And in case you want to find out a little bit about some other cool bloggers, here are some interesting 8 Things Memes I've found along the way:
7-Imp: Part One and Part Two