Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Friday, May 18, 2007

Poetry Friday: Immortal Love with Shakespeare

Aaahhh. Love. First love. Sweet love. Intense love. I finished reading YA novels, Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer a couple days ago, and am still thinking about that darn Edward Cullen and fiesty Bella Swan. Oh my dear. These teenage girls are never going to give a normal boy a chance anymore...not if there's a chance of an Edward Cullen in the horizon. I'm still thinking about him.

If anyone out there knows how I can get my hands on an advance copy of Eclipse, please tell me. I'm in a total fog and desperate to know what happens next.

So in honor of Bella and Edward, a lovely sonnet about immortal love by the incredible William Shakespeare.

Sonnet XVIII: Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day?
by William Shakespeare

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature’s changing course untrimmed.
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;
Nor shall death brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Today's Poetry Friday Roundup is over at Big A little a. Stop by, leave your Poetry Friday link and check out all the other poem submissions!


Liz in Ink said...

You sound all twittery, Hip Mama! I'm more than a little tempted to go acquaint myself with Edward...

HipWriterMama said...

Get thyself to the library or book store this instant. You need both Twilight and New Moon together if you can, otherwise, when you finish the Twilight, you will be a zombie until you can get your hands on a copy of New Moon. But it probably won't matter much, because Eclipse isn't out until August. So until then, I will remain a listless soul waiting for Edward. Sigh.

Michele said...

Eclipse isn't out until October in the UK - I can send you a copy if you don't have one before then...

Erin said...

You will not believe how much I've heard about the Twilight books. Everything positive. OK, fine, here I go to put the first one on hold at my library...

(Love the Shakespeare.)

HipWriterMama said...

These books are amazing. And I'm telling you, reserve both books together, otherwise...Sigh.

- - - - - -

You are sooooo sweet. Eclipse will be out here in August. I can't believe you have to wait until October! I may be the one that has to send you a copy, if I can manage to let go of it!