Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Neat Resource to Find Gas Prices

I was pretty shocked this morning when I had to go to the gas station to get gas for my car. $3.03 a gallon! In case you want to search out the cheapest place around your town for gas, here is a link I discovered. Here's another link just for comparison's sake. Just type in your zip code, and you'll get a listing of nearby gas stations with their most recently reported prices. Sometimes the prices may be a day behind, but you'll soon discover which stations typically have the cheapest gas prices. A few cents extra per gallon might not be a big deal to you, but if it is, these are neat resources for you.

Boy, do I feel old. What an age defining moment...when I notice the price of things and think about how it used to be. Sigh.

7 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

I remember five years ago gas had dropped to $.89!!!
BUT ...
It could be worse.
Remember the dreaded "gas lines" of the 1970s? (or maybe you aren't that old). It was torture to sit in the hot car waiting for my mom's turn to fill up.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I remember those dreaded gas lines of the 1970's.

I sure do wish I could afford a hybrid car. Or better yet, a hybrid helicopter.

HipWriterMama said...

Tricia,
I wish I weren't this old! I do remember those lines.


Alkelda,
I think it would be cool to have one of those hybrid cars, but do you notice how small they are? It's scary when you notice how many more big cars and SUV's are out there.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember gas lines in the 70's but I never remember gas this high ever, it's been up to $3.29 here..boo to gas prices

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

HipWriterMama: I'm worried that the cars we end up buying are going to be indicative of the VHS/Betamax choice. Betamax was better, but it was too exclusive.

How about a hybrid car with helicopter capabilities?

zee said...

Thanks for the post. I am cross-posting on Zee Says with your name as a link. Great post and very timely.

HipWriterMama said...

Alkelda,
I think you're on to something.


Zee,
Thanks! Glad you found this helpful.