Great is the power of habit. It teaches us to bear fatigue and to despise wounds and pain.
I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.
We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- Jim Ryun
We are what we repeatedly do.
Okay everyone, today's the day to create a new habit for success! The 7 Day and 30 Day Challenge starts today. I gave you a week to think about your new daily habit, and hopefully you've had a chance to strategize how you were going to make this happen everyday.
As a reminder, if you're interested in the 30 Day Challenge, I have a fabulous 3 prize combination package:
1. A productive new habit for you
2. Increased motivation to reach your goal
3. A $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble (accepted at stores and on-line).
And if you're not able to commit to the 30 Day Challenge, I've cooked up a 7 Day Challenge with a cool 3 prize package:
1. A quick taste of how this new habit will work for you
2. Motivation to work on the 30 day Challenge
3. a paperback copy of The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield.
1. Write a quick comment, e-mail me at email@example.com but comment first so I know who you are when I get your e-mail, or write a post and link here. Tell me what new habit you'd like to work on and which challenge you'll work on. You can work on both challenges, but for prize consideration, Only One Challenge Per Person. Just to give everyone a fair chance.
2. If you're up for the 7 Day Challenge, let me know today, May 21st. Then write back by 11:00 PM EST Sunday, May 27th, and let me know how you did. I'll announce the winner on Monday, May 28th.
3. If you're going the distance for the 30 Day Challenge, check in with me every Monday starting today (via comment, e-mail or post) with a very quick report on your progress. The 5 dates to check in are May 21st (today), May 28th, June 4th, June 11th, with the final check in on the 30th day -- Tuesday, June 19th by 11:00 PM EST. I'll announce the winner on Wednesday, June 20th.
A few people have already commented last week to let me know they were in the challenge. Suzanne, Alkelda, Liz, Shawn -- Are you still up for this? Anyone else want to make an active commitment toward their dreams? Get ready. Get set. Comment below. Good luck! And. GO! Can't wait to hear from you!