Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

In Celebration of Mother's Day


In celebration of Mother's Day, I'm taking care of myself this weekend. I decided to take a break from posting the rest of this weekend. My Weekly Strong Girls list will be back next Sunday. I'll be back Monday with my Inspiration Monday post.

Isn't this picture just lovely? This is 8 year old's view of me! I love how she makes me look fashionable, tall and thin! I've always wanted to be tall!

If you'd like to read some wonderful Mother's Day poetry, go to the Poetry Friday Roundup -- the Mother's Day poems are featured first!

For all the mothers out there, soon to be mothers, and especially my own mother -- With your unwavering strength, your unconditional support, your selfless acts of love, and invincible hope, you make the impossible happen. Take the time to cherish and honor yourself. Be happy. Live well. You'll be a better mother for it. The best part is this -- your family will appreciate you all the more. Happy Mother's Day!

10 comments:

Little Willow said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Liz in Ink said...

Have a lovely, relaxing, spoily, celebratory day, Vivian!

Erin said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

HipWriterMama said...

I couldn't resist to peek in. Thank you everyone for your nice wishes. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers, mothers to be, and special women who help take of everything!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I think I'll go outside, sit in this beautiful sunshine, and read! Happy Mother's Day to me!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Hurrah! I like the picture. Happy Mother's Day.

Callipygia said...

Hipwritermama- Have a very special Mother's Day and I am so glad you are giving yourself a break. I think the picture really does look like you too!

Jen Robinson said...

Happy Mother's Day! Great picture.

daphne grab said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Robin Brande said...

Love the drawing! Your daughter does a great job with eyelashes, not to mention the clothes!