Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Garden Magic

The kids and their friends like this little sitting area, especially once the flower show begins. Never mind the close proximity to the driveway. This special place is where the audience sits for upbeat broadway shows, or where the children delight in whimsical tea parties, blow bubbles, sit quietly to read, or enjoy the birds and flowers.

Yellow pansies with lovely purple grace the beautiful flowerpot 3 year old painted with all her decorative magic. Right behind the little sitting area are two different varieties of irises. Stunning pink peonies are starting to bud right in between the two clumps of irises. This view is probably one of my favorite spots in my yard.

10 comments:

Christine M said...

What a lovely spot! A perfect spot to sit and enjoy a beautiful day!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

It would definitely be my favorite spot.

Ruth said...

what a charming post. the spot in your yard looks like a perfect spot to let imaginations run wild! :)

HipWriterMama said...

Glad you all enjoyed this picture. I'll tell you, it inspires quite a bit of creativity around here. For the kids and for me!

cloudscome said...

How charming! I want a set of chairs like that in my yard. I love the flower combination too!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Vivian,

It looks like a spot where one could sit, relax, and write poetry...all day!

MyUtopia said...

What a great reading nook.

Robin Brande said...

That's just beautiful. It makes me happy to look at. And makes me want to create some beautiful nook like that myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Callipygia said...

It looks like the perfect magical place for all kinds of imaginative fun.

Jen Robinson said...

What a great spot! Thanks for sharing it. I love good reading spots out of doors.