Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Book Meme: What Books Am I Reading?

Elaine Magliaro from Wild Rose Reader just tagged me with a book meme: What books are you reading? Whew! An easy meme of something I really enjoy!

Here's what I'm reading right now:

1. Jonathon Swift's Gulliver retold by Martin Jenkins, illustrated by Chris Riddell, ages 9-12

2. Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp by Philip Pullman and illustrated by Sophie Williams, ages 6-12

3. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, YA

4. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman, YA

This is a great reading week! I'll tag Liz Scanlon from Liz in Ink, PJ Hoover from Roots in Myth, Alkelda the Gleeful from Saints and Spinners, and anyone else who cares to share their books with me!


Elaine Magliaro said...


Thanks for taking on the meme. Interesting how so many of us have more than one book on our reading menu at a time.

HipWriterMama said...

This week has been a tough one balancing all these books. I just finished Jonathon Swift's Gulliver and Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp. Twilight and The Golden Compass are AMAZING!

Thanks for tagging me!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for tagging me! It's been a light reading week for me, but I'm heading to B&N this Saturday for a book signing, and I plan to pick up Skullduggery Pleasant while there!

Robin Brande said...

How can you be reading both Twilight and The Golden Compass? That's like eating both the best chocolate in the world and then even more of the best chocolate in the world. What a fabulous story gorge!

HipWriterMama said...

Sometimes, you just gotta gorge. Oh my goodness, these books are incredible!

Let me know what you think about Skullduggery Pleasant. I've heard so many things about this book...but, I can't get past the cover...it kind of gives me the heebie jeebies.

Little Willow said...

Nice mix! Enjoy your fantasy kick.

By the way, His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman has editions available in the juvenile, teen, AND adult sections. I wish more publishers had the means, methods, and motives to release their titles in multiple sections to attract all ages!