Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Tuesday, May 29, 2007

8 Things About Me Meme

Christine M. from The Simple and the Ordinary tagged me for this fun meme: 8 Things About Me.

Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Hmmm...8 things. That I'm willing to go public with... Here goes:

1. I absolutely can't stand it when people are having a major conversation that includes animated laughing or yelling on their cell phone while driving their car. Especially if they are doing a particularly poor job of turning their 6,000 pound SUV into a lane and they look like they're heading towards me.

2. My favorite foods: Korean food, sushi, spanikopita and greek salad, and eggplant parmesan. I LOVE spicy and savory foods.

3. When I was pregnant with baby #1, the smell of cigarette smoke anywhere -- would get me vomiting like nobody's business. Once someone walked by our house, smoking a cigarette. I was in my livingroom, smelled the foul stuff, and promptly spewed forth like a volcano.

4. When I was pregnant with baby #1, I convinced my husband the chemical fumes from all the cleaners were bad for baby. It took hubby 4 months to figure out that plenty of women have cleaned bathrooms while they were pregnant, but by that time he was too afraid of my changing hormones to do much about it. He kept cleaning the bathrooms.

5. I hated jelly doughnuts until I became pregnant with baby #2. I developed a penchant for these homemade jelly doughnuts with a crunchy sugar coating from the local bakery.

6. I have a problem staying on the beach longer than an hour or two. No clean bathrooms and the sand is so invasive, it just gets into everything -- my camera case, food, drinks, in my car...it even finds its way into my house -- my two top reasons why.

7. When I was in high school, I was on the synchronized swimming team. Even though I had plenty of grace, agility and endurance, I apparently lacked the necessary strength to pass the lifeguard test. 90 pound me was no match for the male swim team member who pretended he was drowning at the bottom of the pool. It was quite the humiliating experience and valuable lesson. Thankfully, I gained the customary Freshman 15 in college. Sadly, I am no longer as fit and trim as I was in my youth.

8. I love bright colors, particularly a bright pink and green combo. Maybe it's a call from my preppy college days. Maybe it's because I have all girls. Nevertheless, these bright colors make me so very, very happy.

I tag:
Alkelda the Gleeful


Jennifer said...

Thanks for the tag. I have a hard time being creative with these things, but I'll think of it and get it up soon!

zee said...

Hey, got your tag. I will do this but I'm not sure if I will be able to pass it on to anyone since it seems like everyone else has done this one already.

HipWriterMama said...

Jennifer and Zee,
I look forward to reading your memes. I agree, there are alot of people being tagged. I'm sure you'll think of some cool bloggers.

Elaine Magliaro said...


I'm working on it. I'll post my eight things sometime today.

daphne grab said...

i love that you got your husband to clean the bathroom for 9 months! and thanks for the tag- i had fun posting it!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I'm sure that it was beneficial to you on so many levels that your husband cleaned the bathroom for nine months instead of you. Regarding cigarette smoke, I would get so angry when people said, "Oh, it's just one cigarette" when I smelled it wafting into the restaurant. I didn't like the smell of cigarettes before (except for on warm, summer days, simply because it reminded me of college), but during pregnancy, I found it to be so vile. Even now, it feels/smells like an affront.

I'll do the meme after my coffee and morning errands. Thanks for tagging me!

HipWriterMama said...

Can't wait to read your meme.

- - - -

Thanks for participating! I loved your meme and finding out all these cool things about you. I also really enjoyed your post on Alexander all grown up.

- - - -

Yeah, poor hubby. He was forced to endure the air conditioning blasting with all the windows wide open so I could get some air. He had to clean the bathroom. He had to deal with me in my constant state of pregnancy forgetfulness. The smell of meat cooking just got to me so we had to eat out alot.

Poor, poor hubby. Good thing baby #1 cozied up to hubby from the very beginning, making it worth all the while.

Elaine Magliaro said...


I just posted my response to the meme at Wild Rose Reader.

HipWriterMama said...

What a lovely list! Thanks for sharing.

MyUtopia said...

LOL! I have thought about trying the same thing on my husband! Convince him he needs to do all the cleaning, or that we need to hire someone : )

:: Suzanne :: said...

my meme is up for your reading pleasure. Thanks for the tag.

HipWriterMama said...

My Utopia,
I tried a housecleaner after I had baby #3 and was so overwhelmed. It lasted exactly two times. I had to straighten up and organize before they came. By the time I finished doing that, I might as well just clean the house myself.

I've decided the husband has to be trained before marriage to get the cleaning thing down. My best friend told her husband she would never clean bathrooms. To this day, over 15 years later, he's still cleaning the bathrooms.

The only thing I had presence of mind to tell my husband before marriage was I would never iron his shirts. He can either iron himself or send things out to the drycleaner.

Sadly the bathroom cleaning didn't last too long. Hubby found a tricky and disgusting way to get out of cleaning the bathroom. And I do a much better job anyway.

- - - - -

Thanks for sharing your meme. How romantic!

cloudscome said...

I twisted it up and tagged you back Ha Ha!

HipWriterMama said...

Uh-oh. I'll go check it out.

zee said...

My meme is now completed and published. Thanks for tagging me!

Robin Brande said...

I love a good vomit story. Seriously. That's my favorite part of your list.

HipWriterMama said...

You're welcome.

- - - -

I have plenty of vomit stories. I'm sure some will sneak in every once in awhile.

Sarah Amick said...

Tonight I spent more time than I wish to admit because I really needed to be working linking to links and reading their meme. It is really interesting to read how different people can be. And, oh, how creative. It's fun to be creative!

HipWriterMama said...

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, creativity is very good. Good luck!