Christine M. from The Simple and the Ordinary tagged me for this fun meme: 8 Things About Me.
Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Hmmm...8 things. That I'm willing to go public with... Here goes:
1. I absolutely can't stand it when people are having a major conversation that includes animated laughing or yelling on their cell phone while driving their car. Especially if they are doing a particularly poor job of turning their 6,000 pound SUV into a lane and they look like they're heading towards me.
2. My favorite foods: Korean food, sushi, spanikopita and greek salad, and eggplant parmesan. I LOVE spicy and savory foods.
3. When I was pregnant with baby #1, the smell of cigarette smoke anywhere -- would get me vomiting like nobody's business. Once someone walked by our house, smoking a cigarette. I was in my livingroom, smelled the foul stuff, and promptly spewed forth like a volcano.
4. When I was pregnant with baby #1, I convinced my husband the chemical fumes from all the cleaners were bad for baby. It took hubby 4 months to figure out that plenty of women have cleaned bathrooms while they were pregnant, but by that time he was too afraid of my changing hormones to do much about it. He kept cleaning the bathrooms.
5. I hated jelly doughnuts until I became pregnant with baby #2. I developed a penchant for these homemade jelly doughnuts with a crunchy sugar coating from the local bakery.
6. I have a problem staying on the beach longer than an hour or two. No clean bathrooms and the sand is so invasive, it just gets into everything -- my camera case, food, drinks, in my car...it even finds its way into my house -- my two top reasons why.
7. When I was in high school, I was on the synchronized swimming team. Even though I had plenty of grace, agility and endurance, I apparently lacked the necessary strength to pass the lifeguard test. 90 pound me was no match for the male swim team member who pretended he was drowning at the bottom of the pool. It was quite the humiliating experience and valuable lesson. Thankfully, I gained the customary Freshman 15 in college. Sadly, I am no longer as fit and trim as I was in my youth.
8. I love bright colors, particularly a bright pink and green combo. Maybe it's a call from my preppy college days. Maybe it's because I have all girls. Nevertheless, these bright colors make me so very, very happy.
Alkelda the Gleeful