Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Wednesday, May 16, 2007

100th Post: Thinking Bloggers

I really enjoy Robin Brande's blog. She has such engaging discussions going on over on her blog, such as her weekly Friday List, this post and this post. Robin's first YA novel, Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature is coming out in August. I just found out Random House just launched Robin's new book website, Biblegrrrl.com. You can join discussions and earn points for wonderful prizes -- even an advanced copy of her book -- which you'll want to win based on the first two chapters of her book.

So can you see why I am so honored that Robin tagged my blog as a Thinking Blog? How cool is it that Robin likes my blog? Of course I can't resist celebrating my 100th post with this wonderful, unexpected pat on the back.

Now I'm supposed to nominate four blogs that make me think. Only four. I really enjoy so many different blogs, that it's hard to think of only four. But, I believe, most of my favorite bloggers have already gotten this lovely distinction. So, I'll mention just four wonderful thinking bloggers I've visited this week that have made me think -- forgive me if you've already been tagged:

1. Liz In Ink: Author Liz Scanlon has such a lovely, distinctive voice. Her poetic prose, vivid metaphors and thoughtful posts such as this, this, and this -- just make me go back for more. Liz is one of the first bloggers I became friendly with when I started blogging and I am ever so glad.

2. Nancy from Journey Woman: I really enjoy Nancy's Monday posts called Lives in Letters. It is just so interesting to read Nancy's musings on the postcards she collects. Nothing like opening the door into someone's life and trying to imagine what it must have been like.

3. Justine Larabalestier: This Australian author of the Magic or Madness Trilogy series is just unbelievably cool. She is generous about sharing writing tips such as how to write a novel. She even has a Top 10 list for why banning books is a bad idea.

4. Roots in Myth: I like reading science fiction/fantasy writer PJ Hoover's new blog. I think writers who focus on science fiction/fantasy are just incredibly creative. I mean how else are you going to come up with fantastical worlds and character names? How about this way? Roots in Myth is a relatively new blog, and I hope there will be more easy to follow positive, encouraging writing tips for the science fiction/fantasy genre.

What blogs do you enjoy that make you think?


PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm still working on a name for the strange monster creation. Maybe it's time to ask the 2 year old.

HipWriterMama said...

I can't wait to find out the name.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Here's to many more posts!

Liz in Ink said...

Well, I am just beyond tickled! Thank you, Vivian. It means a lot coming from you, especially, since I bow down in admiration to your thoughtful post after thoughtful post after thoughtful post.

HipWriterMama said...

Thanks Anonymous.


Awww. Thanks so much!

Callipygia said...

Congratulations, that is well deserved and 100 posts! Here is to 1000 more.

HipWriterMama said...

Thanks Callipygia!

Nancy said...

Oh now that's just too cool to see my name here. Thanks so much and congratulations on such a fabulous beginning with your first 100 posts!