The whole point of this exercise is to be able to visualize your dream so it is incredibly real to you. You can see it--even the very minute details of what is happening when you realize you have achieved your dream.
Here's my Can Do Mission Statement:
I am actively sending out my manuscripts and will have an award winning picture book and sought after YA novel sold to well respected publishing houses by the end of one year, April 2, 2008.
When you think about what you want with a positive can do attitude, and are specific to what you can envision, you are instilling this core belief into your daily actions. No matter what obstacles are thrown in your path, you will be able focus on your can do mission statement and find a way to move forward and work toward your dreams.
For anyone who is ready to write down their can do mission statement in the comment section and make yourself truly accountable to your plan of action, I'll put your name in a drawing to win one of three prizes with a couple surprise inspirational fripperies:
- The Success Principles: How to Get from Where you Are, to Where You Want to Be, by Jack Canfield
- Dear Genius: The Letters of Ursula Nordstrom, by Ursula Nordstrom
- Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss
- Think about your dreams with the focus of What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- Write down a specific can do mission statement in the comment section.
- Due to holidays and tax day, the deadline to post a comment is Wednesday, April 18th.
- Let's keep comments positive and encouraging so people feel safe posting their dreams here.
- Any negative comments will be deleted.
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?