Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!


Thursday, February 22, 2007

Miss Erin's Interview with Jennifer Roy

Miss Erin is quite the lucky gal. She got to interview Jennifer Roy, author of one of my favorite books, Yellow Star. This was a wonderful interview. Nicely done Miss Erin!

Yellow Star is one of my top picks for 2007. This wonderful book has such incredibly strong heroines and heroes. Can you blame me for putting it on my weekly Sunday's List of Strong Girl Role Models in Children's Literature?

This part of the book gave me such inspiration:

Papa says that thinking about food
all the time is not uncommon
among people in the ghetto,
who are around starving bodies.
The mind can latch onto nourishment in this way.
"People have different ways of surviving the days,"
Papa says.
"We must honor our differences while we
find our own courage and our own strength
the best we know how."

You simply must read this unforgettable book.


Erin said...

You are so sweet. Thank you for your comments, I'm very happy you enjoyed the interview and Yellow Star. :)

HipWriterMama said...

You did a great job. Thank you.