Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Madam Speaker, What's Next for Strong Girls?

Madam Speaker. Wow. No matter what your political inclination, you have to admit, seeing a woman right up there behind the President, in a State of the Union address...well, that's plain powerful. An indication that women are moving in the right direction. I look forward to the day a woman will be acknowledged simply for her accomplishments, rather than the first focus being she's a woman. That will be a sign we as Americans are truly embracing equality for all, and are able to look beyond gender, race and religion.

Nancy Pelosi, you are one great role model. You have raised the bar for what girls can hope to believe in and achieve in a male dominated world. And now, some girl is going to set her sights higher, knowing that it is truly possible to reach her dreams. Empress of the Universe...Now that's what I'm talking about.

No comments: