Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Celebrate the Successes in Life!

6 days into the New Year and I still have yet to complete writing down my 2007 New Year's Resolutions. Oh I tried. I really did. After much reflection, I found not much has changed over the years. There are no surprises. The central message continues to be the same. Lose weight. Exercise more. Eat a healthy diet. Declutter. Organize. And on and on it goes. Lots of great intentions. Just poor execution. Finally, disappointment hits and I end up feeling like a failure for everything I didn't accomplish.

So here's my new idea. This year, I am going to toss it all aside and celebrate the successes in my life. I need some wins!

So far this year I have:

  1. Had a clean house when unexpected company showed up. I gave myself bonus points for being showered and dressed. There was even enough lunch for all!
  2. Found all the matching socks in the clean laundry pile.
  3. Fed the kids by 5:30pm two nights in a row.
  4. Had an empty kitchen sink by 10:30pm each night.
  5. Found the perfect picture of the kids to send out to unsuspecting family and friends.
  6. Tried on last year's winter coat and buttoned it up.
  7. Wore last year's high heeled boots and could zip up past my calves.
  8. Was gracious when M and friends found my makeup and used it ALL by putting it on their faces, arms and clothes. Didn't freak out about M's skin--just nonchalantly checked all over for any allergic reactions.
  9. Managed not to lose it when the culprit makeup was found caked on M's freshly cleaned beautiful bedsheets and comforter.
  10. Found $1.27 in change cleaning the livingroom. Put it towards buying new makeup.
  11. Finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time by Lisa Yee, The Steps by Rachel Cohn, and Burger Wuss by M.T. Anderson.
  12. Wrote 6 new pages for my YA novel.
All in all, a good year so far. Celebrate the successes in life. Even the little ones. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: