So here's my new idea. This year, I am going to toss it all aside and celebrate the successes in my life. I need some wins!
So far this year I have:
- Had a clean house when unexpected company showed up. I gave myself bonus points for being showered and dressed. There was even enough lunch for all!
- Found all the matching socks in the clean laundry pile.
- Fed the kids by 5:30pm two nights in a row.
- Had an empty kitchen sink by 10:30pm each night.
- Found the perfect picture of the kids to send out to unsuspecting family and friends.
- Tried on last year's winter coat and buttoned it up.
- Wore last year's high heeled boots and could zip up past my calves.
- Was gracious when M and friends found my makeup and used it ALL by putting it on their faces, arms and clothes. Didn't freak out about M's skin--just nonchalantly checked all over for any allergic reactions.
- Managed not to lose it when the culprit makeup was found caked on M's freshly cleaned beautiful bedsheets and comforter.
- Found $1.27 in change cleaning the livingroom. Put it towards buying new makeup.
- Finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time by Lisa Yee, The Steps by Rachel Cohn, and Burger Wuss by M.T. Anderson.
- Wrote 6 new pages for my YA novel.